The Amsterdam Relocation Guide
Join us in Amsterdam. We'll help you make the move.
This guide is an attempt to encapsulate all the love and information we give those who move to Amsterdam to be with Reaktor.
We put it together to eliminate as much of the inevitable relocation hassle as possible, and are now publishing it in the hopes that it will help you ease into the big decision to move over.
Most of us here in the land of tulips have gone through the process of uprooting our lives back home and moving them to Amsterdam (21 nationalities and counting!). Believe us, we know moving abroad can be daunting. However, there are two things we can say with total confidence:
One, it's really not that hard.
And two, help will always come to those who ask for it. Don't worry.
Let's start with a summary of what we offer to relocators.
- 📑 Visa sponsorship (Reaktor is listed as an IND sponsor) and all the fees related to it.
- 📦 Relocation support and help with general moving expenses.
- ✈️ Compensation of flights to bring you from your home city to Amsterdam.
- 🏠 Accommodation where you can stay for up to a month alone or with your partner while looking for a more permanent place to stay.
- 🕵️♀️ Help with finding permanent housing: where to search, where to live, is your rental agreement legit, what fees (if any) you need to pay, et cetera.
- 💸 Help with your 30% ruling tax application.
- 🩺 Extended health insurance (CZ Plus + Dental).
- 👫 A "buddy" who's been around for a while and will help you integrate into the city and company easier.
- 🇳🇱 We cover expenses for a Dutch language course of your choice (if you want to take one, of course).
- 🧩 We take care of all the small administrative tasks like getting a phone plan and a public transport card, so you can focus on exploring the city worry-free.